ALLOY B2 is a corrosion-resistant, solid-solution Ni-Mo alloy.
- controlled chemistry with a minimum iron and chromium content to retard the formation of ordered -phase Ni4Mo
- significant corrosion resistance to reducing environments
- excellent resistance to medium-concentrated sulphuric acid and a number of non-oxidizing acids
- good resistance to chloride-induced stress-corrosion cracking (SCC)
- good resistance to a wide range of organic acids.
- The extremely low carbon and silicon content of Alloy B2 reduces precipitation of carbides and other phases in the heat-affected zone of welds and ensures adequate corrosion resistance even in the welded condition.
- Alloy B2 exhibits excellent corrosion resistance in aggressive reducing media such as hydrochloric acid in a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, as well as in medium-concentrated sulphuric acid even with limited chloride contamination. It can also be used in acetic and phosphoric acids. Optimum corrosion resistance can be obtained only if the material is in the correct metallurgical condition and exibits a clean structure.
- ALLOYB2 is used in a wide range of applications in the chemical process industry, especially for processes involving
- sulphuric, hydrochloric, phosphoric and acetic acid.