Alloy C276 is a Ni-Cr-Mo alloy containing W and extremely low carbon and Si contents.
Excellent resistance to a wide range of corrosive media, under oxidizing and reducing conditions
Excellent resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion, and stress corrosion cracking.
Alloy C276 can be used in many chemical processes with oxidizing and with reducing media. The high molybdenum and chromium contents render the alloy resistant to chloride ion attack. The tungsten content further increases this resistance. Alloy C276 is one of the few materials that is resistant to moist chlorine gas, hypochlorite and chlorine dioxide solutions. The alloy exhibits excellent resistance to concentrated solutions of oxidizing salts (such as iron (III) chloride and copper chloride
Alloy C276 finds wide application in the chemical and petrochemical industry, for components in organic processes containing chlorides, and for catalytic systems. This material is especially suitable for use in situations where hot, contaminated mineral acids, solutions and organic acids (such as formic and acetic acid) as well as sea water are encountered.
- Pulp and paper industry, e.g. for digestion and bleaching vessels
- Scrubbers and special reheaters as well as wet-operating fans for combustion and flue gas desulphurisation systems
- Equipment and components for sour-gas service
- Reactors for acetic acid production
- Sulphuric acid coolers
- Methylene diphenyl isocyanate (MDI)
- Manufacture and processing of technically impure phosphoric acid
- Combustion-resistant alloy for high pressure oxygen applications